Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Update

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've had a very busy few weeks and I really enjoyed them. There wasn't much to report on the medical front until today. Turns out that my tumor markers are on the way up again and it's likely that additional treatment will be needed. It's been over six months since I've had any chemo, and it's definitely something I'm not looking forward to, but we have to see what the options are.

Over the next few days I have will have brain and chest scans to see if there is any visible disease, and once we know that, we well decide on a course of treatment.

Honestly, I have no idea what to feel right now. I guess it's a mix of disappointment and apathy. I say apathy because at this point I really don't care what these tests show. I want them to go well, but I have no control over them. I have said before that I know in my heart that I am working hard to do everything possible to live, and what more can you ask from someone. When this is all over and I look back, I will know that I survived because I never gave up and I never gave less than 100% effort in trying to win the war.

Ok...I'm off to the Dodgers game.

No comments: