Sunday, June 21, 2009

Great Story on Overcoming low odds

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far. I wanted to share a story I read in the LA Times yesterday called She Finally Has a Home - Harvard. This is an amazing story about a homeless girl who overcame tremendous obstacles to get accepted into Harvard.

I think it's a perfect example of how far focus and determination can take a person. In this girl's situation, no matter how bad things were, she kept her eyes on the prize. The story talks about how she had to fight and scrounge for the basic necessities of life - food, shelter, etc. - amidst trying to do well in school. She wanted to make a better life for herself, and she made it happen.

Reading this story reminded me that staying focused on the ultimate goal is also something I need to do. It's easy to get distracted and depressed when things are not going your way, but I'm trying to keep it all in perspective and remember that the ultimate prize, getting cured, can still happen.

On the treatment front, I have completed one cycle and I'm now in the midst of cycle #2. So far the response to this new therapy has been promising, so I am staying focused and hoping for more good news.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend...

No comments: