Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great weekend

I returned home last night after an amazing weekend in Tampa attending my friend's wedding. I have not had very many opportunities over the past few years to get away for a weekend, and this was truly one of the best weekends I've had in a long, long time. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I've felt so completely and totally relaxed and free - it's been over 2 years.

Something about being away from home and with a great group of people at a joyous occasion cleared my mind, and for a few days, I didn't think about the burden here.

It is true what people say - when going through difficulties, sometimes the best medicine is to just go out, clear your mind, and completely immerse yourself in fun, happy activities. The link between mind and body is very real, and when your mind is at peace, your body begins to heal. That's how I felt this weekend. Even though I wasn't getting to sleep on time, eating my meals on time or maintaining my strict diet, I didn't feel any worse - in fact, I felt ten times better because I was enjoying myself and not worrying.

Hopefully there will be many more weekends like this past one to come. I want to congratulate my friends Ibrahim and Shabnam, and thank all my friends, Adam, Yousuf, Abid, Naeem, Asad, Mujtaba, Mufaddal and AK for a truly awesome weekend.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. This was truly a great moment in my life - a memory that I will keep for a very long time.

I'm back on chemo tomorrow. These next few weeks will be a challenge, but I am ready to face it.

1 comment:

Mufaddal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.