Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update

Hey everyone. The weekend is almost over out here in LA so I thought I'd post a quick update on the progress of my treatment before things pick up again tomorrow. This was an extremely difficult week for me overall - for some reason it was one of the more mentally draining weeks I've had in some time. It was one of those weeks where my patience was truly put to the test.

I had my chemo on Tuesday, and due to some side effects caused by the medication I am getting right now I'm restricted from doing a lot of things because of fatigue and CNS sensitivity. So, what ends up happening is during my treatment week is that I end up spending 90% of my time at home until the side effects wear off. I don't mean to complain, but it really wore me down. I tried my best to stay calm and remain patient, but everyone around me (friends, coworkers, etc.) is moving so fast that I feel left behind.

But it's ok, for this is only temporary. I believe that my level of patience has increased considerably, and patience is helping me cope. I keep trying to remind myself that everyone is tested in different ways in this life, and it's how one responds to that test that determines if he or she is successful. And I won't quit now.

More treatment this coming Tuesday, followed by my break and more test results. The roller coaster continues, but I'm confident it will be over soon.

No comments: