Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Very Busy (and fun) Week

I apologize for the week-long break I took from last Tuesday's post. My brother came home for his spring break last Wednesday night so we have been having fun. There have been many exciting things going on in my life since completing my lung surgery, so I've just been enjoying each day.

Work has increased at my company as we are embarking on new and exciting ventures during these challenging times. I am spending more time at the office as I work my way back to becoming full-time again.

The NBA playoffs have begun and the Lakers are looking good. 1 win down and 15 to go for the championship.

Baseball season is also underway and the Dodgers are on an 8-game winning streak, which makes me really happy. I am a really big Dodger fan.

And, in case you didn't see the latest pictures I posted on my facebook profile, I saw the Delorean from Back to the Future in a random condominium parking lot in Corona, CA, over the weekend. That's pretty much my favorite movie of all time, so, as you can imagine, I was a little excited.


Marty McFly: "Doc, you better back up, we don't have enough road to get up to 88."


Doc Brown: "Roads...where we're going we don't need..(flips sunglasses down)..roads.

Not only is that one of my favorite lines from the first movie (as my friend Rahul can attest to), but it's also the line that played from the car just before it sped away. Either the owner installed sound effects quoting the movie, or Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox were filming Back to the Future IV.

So seeing as how the Dodgers, Lakers, hanging out with my brother and Back to the Future are four of my favorite things in the world, it's been a good week.

On the health front, the lung surgery went well and I will be meeting my oncologist later this week to get testing done and figure out what I need to do from here. There is still some pain at the incision site, but not enough to really bother me. Treatment may be in my future, but I am praying that it's not.

For those of you in Cali, stay cool. I'll be back later this week.

3 comments:

LifeAfterCollege said...

Wow! What an amazing, inspiring blog. You are so strong and beautiful :) I hope to read more!

NS said...

Thanks for the kind words...I'm happy you find it inspirational.

Pervez Sikora said...

looks like the lakers are on a roll. unfortunately, we don't get to see most of the games out here. plus cricket is the craze out here and the T20 series is being played in South Africa right now. i have been following that with some interest!