Sunday, April 5, 2009

Surgery over - let the healing begin

I apologize for not posting last week, but I thought I would wait until I got done with my lung surgery. I had it done Friday afternoon and I am happy to report that my doctor said it went very well. I was released from the hospital last night and I have been resting comfortably at home since. Even though it wasn't too invasive, it's definitely painful. Anytime you have surgery done to your chest cavity, you realize that you use your chest and back muscles for basically every movement you make.

Despite the pain, I am feeling great right now. I believe things are looking up and I am back on the healing track. My doctors are unsure about what is going to happen next. Based on the nature of my disease, some doctors believe that this is a chronic condition that I am going to continue to have problems with. I refuse to believe that. I want to believe that this surgery is the end of the road.

I'll be back later this week with my next post. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend...

Be well...

No comments: