Thursday, March 26, 2009

Surgery Next Week

I went to see a thoracic surgeon today and, after speaking with him, have decided to have lung surgery to remove this latest lung tumor. Since discovering this lesion, there has been a mental tennis match going on in my head between lung surgery and cyberknife radiation. And this was no ordinary tennis match. This was like a Federer vs. Nadal epic 5-setter. I went back and forth multiple times, but at the end of the day, surgery seems like the best way to go.

My biggest concern was that an additional lung surgery might severely compromise my lung function, but the doctor assured me that this would not have to be a very extensive procedure and that the recovery would be quick.

I expect to have it done early next week but don't know exactly what day. I feel more relaxed now that I have a plan. I did my homework, and there's not much else I can do except stay calm and trust the doctors to do their jobs.

My brother comes home this weekend to visit, so I expect to kick back with him, hang out with friends and get myself ready for next week. I am sure all will go well and I will be running around again soon.

Have a good weekend...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Naweed, thanks for the updates, I think this is a good decision. Best wishes for a very quick recovery!

Ibrahim Jivanjee said...

Hey man, wish you all the best. I'll give you a call and see how you're doing when the operation is done. I still think busting a cap is the best option, but as I said before I'm not a doctor.

NS said...

thanks buddy..I'm still looking into that option. The doctors seem somewhat against it...

Mufaddal said...

I'm with Iby, busting caps has seemed to solve problems in many developing countries, might as well give cancer a shot.